2020 SCMHCA Graduate Essay Contest
CALL FOR ENTRY: Space Coast Mental Health Counselors Association student members are invited to submit an essay explaining how counselors, as change agents, can effectively increase mental health awareness in the community through early intervention and prevention.
- Current SCMHCA member in good standing and currently enrolled full-time in a CACREP accredited MFT or MHC graduate program
- Essay must be between 500 – 700 words (2-3 pages)
- Essay must be in APA format
- Essays may be submitted electronically beginning May 1, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Essay must be submitted by midnight May 31, 2020
- The first 20 entries received will be reviewed for consideration
- Late entries will not be accepted
Winning: Student who demonstrate the most thoughtful articulation of this community-based aspect of becoming a Mental Health Counselor will be awarded as follows:
- 1st Place – Paid registration to the Internal Family Systems 2-day training ($795 value)
- 2nd Place – Annual membership to AMHCA and FMHCA ($212 value)
- 3rd Place – Paid registration to FMHCA Annual Conference ($180 value)
To select winner, all essays will be blind-reviewed by a panel of at least three SCMHCA board members judges. Winners will be announced and receive presentation of their respective award during a Virtual meeting to be held Summer 2020.
For more information, or to submit an essay entry, please contact us at: email@example.com